Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Trip to Johor and School Concert -- Part 1

Hmmm

It's been awhile since I last update my blog. Just so lazy to update...

Anyway.

Today finally set my mind straight to update. Don't want to forget those special moment. So, typing it down now. I can't remeber. But it's been a normal but yet frustrating school days for the following 2 weeks when the holiday's over.


The Big dayS


1st of July 2009


Woke up 5am and prepared all my stuff plus did some last minute checking. When all done and finish bathing,the sky started raining. Quite heavy if you ask me. Reached school at 6.10am. Fall in and wait for the bus. And Oh My Goodness there are students coming already at this time. When the bus arrived, the sky is still raining... Get on board with quite some difficulty cause we need to carry the luggage and all.


When finally leaving, I think it was around 7am. And right after the bus started. I forced myself to close my eyes to get some sleep. Beside me was Hong Wei xD. Then it's all about stopping and moving for us for the rest of the few hours...Can't remember what time and where. In one of the R&R we stopped...I bought a Tuna Sandwich in Dukkin Donuts. Darn nice...but it cost me RM7.40. And finally some time around 1pm, we stopped for lunch at...Burger King!..*Gasp*


OMG for that...we are having a national state choir competition tomorrow and we are having burgers for lunch?...*sigh* But, there's nothing much those R&R can provide us anyway...In the end, I have nasi lemak from the Kaya Kopitiam just opposite Burger King. I take away and ate my nasi lemak with the guys in Burger King. Cause, after eating that huge sandwich, I dont feel like eating any burger, know what I mean?


Continue our journey after an hour in Burger King. Smsed abit, darn boring that time. Kai Wen took out his Nokia phone..N series...I can't remember what model. Anyway, it is equiped with GPS and we can actualy viewed how fast the bus is moving and in what direction on a simple map. Cool! Lucky for us, bus driver played an animation for us to kill our time, Princess Mononoke(幽魂公主). Since i watched it five times already and my eyes are hurting again, i forced myself to get some sleep. Only to opened my eyes again for some exciting scene(in one scene a guy's head was slice off clean and flew up in the air by an arrow released by the main character, and etc.) in the movie after hearing the whole bus gasping =P


Finally, reached Johor at around 5pm. But our destination is Tanjung Puteri Golf Resort which is located in Pasir Gudang. And Pasir Gudang...is practically at the end of West Malaysia...So, we took another hour to reach the golf resort. When the bus approaches a nice looking,big building, it's 6 something in the evening and I thought we finally made it and was glad to be so close to the rooms we are staying. And the wide carpark is not bad itself. But later on, the bus driver explained that this is only the lobby, that there's still a distance to where we are staying. So it's 'oh no' and 'argh' for us. Since the venue of the competition is here and the stage's here, our coach wants us to have a simple rehersal to walk the stage and familiar ourself with the speaker, piano, microphone, etc.


So, we rehersaled till 7pm and teacher decided to let us get to our rooms as Ms Koay also just returend from there ( went to inspect,have a look while we are practicing xD). On the bus, Ms Koay told us that, where we are staying are marvelous as each unit is a small bungalow, HOHO! All of us were excited and can't wait to see it. Take a few turns and we were finally there. Get off the bus and help unloading all our stuffs then girls and guys separated. We are living almost exactly opposite of each other, just 2 units for our school.

Approaching our liitle bungalow xD, the small light bulb on the porch turn on automatically, giving us quite a pleasant surprise. Stepped into the house, took off our shoes and OMG the smells gave out by the socks and shoes, darn terrible ( just imagine a whole stack of fishes,and i mean the not-that-fresh kind). We went exploring the rest of the house and wohoho! There's practically air-conditioner everywhere except the bathrooms and the kitchen!


Let me just roughly run through the details of the interior. There's a wide living room with TV and 3 sofas (enough for the 16 of us standing together and not feeling that cramp),erm...eating room? Just a space with a big round table and chairs for us to have meals, 1 bedroom, a useless storage room, a longer abit bathroom, a wide kitchen and an ironing room (i think?...there's only the ironing board in that small room. This is only the ground floor...
On the first floor, we got a master bedroom with its own master bathroom, 2 smaller abit bedrooms with again their smaller abit bathrooms, a smaller living room with TV and 3 sofas and a small balcony.


Here's some sketches to help.

Ground floor

1st floor

The front view of girl's unit

The sideview of boy's unit


First thing first, we gathered in the living room to decide who gets to stay in which room. I was arranged to sleep with Vincent, Hong Wei, Kai Wen and Kai Ren. Then we get our luggage to our own room and start bathing or having dinner. Just when I finished stacking my luggage in the room upstairs( mine is the one on your,not the masterbedroom, mind you), someone phoned me and i was glad and very surprise to recieve the call...HOHO!...Was excited for the whole night because of that call XD. Dinner was prepared by the Education Department and it came in small rectangular boxes for each of us, different from last year which is buffet for every meal. Since I'm feeling kinda hot, i hit the shower first. And that was a mistake. When I'm done and went down for my dinner, I can't find one...=.= Then later own, i found out why. Because, everyone has taken theirs when I was bathing, Teacher Kenny found one extra box (which is mine), and asked whose was that. Since I didn't hear him asking in the bathroom and those eating outside didn't realise i have not yet taken, Teacher Kenny concluded that, this was an extra one... So, my dinner was sent to the girls. In the end, I ate a few pieces of bread and a cup of instant noodle.

Our night pratcice and everyone is in pyjamas(well...sort of XP)


After we have done eating and it was half past nine, we walked over to the girl's small bungalow and have a brief practice. We started heading back somewhere around 10.30pm. Since tomorrow will be competiting, we just went in our separate room and tried to get some sleep, at least some of us did. I decided not to cramp with my roommates and choose to sleep downstairs with Albert, full name Harry Albert Turkienston the 3rd ( I think I got it right....hmmm). The bedroom downstairs was empty at first. But Albert ( he preferred to be called Albert instead of Harry, and no, i don't know why) ditched his roommates the same reason i did XD. So I ended up sharing a room with him but we each occupying our own bed.(HOHO!). Smsed for awhile again and only fallen asleep pass midnight with me still holding the handphone (I know cause I found out it's still in my hand when I woke up, darn not good for health XP).

No comments:

Post a Comment